Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Move Over, Starbuck's

I've been meaning to write about the drive-up coffee places scattered throughout South Dakota, parts Wyoming and Montana. Older readers like me might remember the Fotomat booths in parking lots where you would drive up and drop off your film. These coffee booths are the same, and can be found in shopping centers, along town roads, and there was even one near the zoo in Billings. The campground in West Yellowstone also had one, and I went every morning we were there.

Some just have coffee, some have coffee and ice cream, and some also make Italian flavored sodas.

You don't see many Starbuck's around here, and to be honest, I don't miss them.

Not sure if the booths are popular for convenience or because it gets so cold here and folks don't want to get out of their cars, but I'm a big fan. Had a great capuccino this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment