Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Henry's Animal Report


Today, I saw a beaver by Spearfish Creek in South Dakota. I’ve seen a lot of animals in the past few days. I saw pronghorn antelopes, deer, and rabbits. But biggest of all, I saw more than 100 bison at Custer State Park! I got to feed two wild donkeys there too. I petted them outside the car but then they followed me to the car and wanted something to eat. I gave them some apples and they stuck their faces inside my window! It was awesome!

I got more key chains. I got one from Mount Rushmore and one with my name on it from Devils Tower.

Two days ago I got my second Junior Ranger badge. It is from Mount Rushmore. I had to fill out a book with lots of questions and then go talk to a park ranger. He asked me questions and I got many right – one time I got a right answer quicker than three fifth graders!

I really liked the lighting ceremony at Mount Rushmore. They showed all the veterans at the end. The movie was good too.

Last night I got to stay up late – Dad and I wents to see “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” here at the campground. I made a new friend named Daniel from California and he’s going too. We threw a football together.

No comments:

Post a Comment