Monday, June 22, 2009

An Ode to Technology



Due to a lack of internet access here along the shores of Lake Michigan, I'm writing this post on a Blackberry. The wonders of technology!

It's been another long day on the road. We left Ohio this morning, entered Indiana, and took a little detour off Route 80/90 to pass through Michigan for a few miles. We found a nice Mexican restaurant for lunch in Sturgis, Michigan. Then we went back to Route 80/90 in Indiana and headed to South Bend, home of Notre Dame University. It's a beautiful campus, and when I get internet access I'll add pictures to the slideshow and this post.

I'll also add a photo of an antique car that was in front of us - an old Model T-like Ford that couldn't go more than 35 miles an hour. Bet they were a little surprised to have an RV pass them on a two lane road - Jeff lost patience.

Indiana Dunes State Park is great. The campground is nice, and right near our site is the path down to the lake. Lots of sand dunes. There are lots of small stones along the shoreline, most worn into flat, smooth ovals by the water. I even found two pieces of sea glass for my collection.

I didn't make it back down to the lake for the sunset - showering took priority - but I'll definitely do it tomorrow. The sky at the campgound was beautiful shades of red and orange.

The kids are in bed, Jeff's watching a movie, and I'm hanging out outside - a beautiful night to do it.

'Night all...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of typing on a Blackberry. Got word today that my IT colleague (office adjacent to mine) has gotten swine flu. Had to tell Charles that the keyboard he was using on Friday was the same keyboard the H1N1 guy was using. He was not a happy camper!

    Hope you and fam are happy campers! See all the fun you are missing.
    -Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Now I am happy that you all are in Springfield and not HQ...

    ReplyDelete