Saturday, June 20, 2009

On the Shores of Lake Erie

 Picture inside a tunnel on the PA Turnpike outside of Pittsburgh


No wi-fi last night, so I couldn't post. Tonight, we're in Sandusky, Ohio near Lake Erie. I'd like to say we saw Lake Erie today, but maybe we'll do so in the morning. We got here around 5:00 p.m. and the kids wanted to go swimming. That is, until they saw the campground was having an ice cream social - of course they had to do that first.

Sandusky, Ohio is home to Cedar Point amusement park, but we're going to skip it on this trip. We have a few long days of driving ahead of us so we just hung out at the campground.

We've come almost 500 miles so far. Friday, we dealt with unbearable Maryland traffic all the way past Hagerstown - for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone lives there. We camped in Bedford, PA, just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It was a quick in-and-out stay; we got there around 8:00 p.m. and left just after breakfast. But since they had a miniature golf course, the kids had to play just one round.

We took a bit of a detour today to stop in Canton, Ohio - home of the Professional Football Hall of Fame. Henry and Jeff enjoyed it - Ruth declared that she doesn't like football. But she tolerated it and was a good trooper.

My list of things I forgot to pack is growing by the minute - the most serious of which is my blow dryer. Critical error. Fortunately there is the biggest Walmart I've ever seen on the way back to Route 80 on our way to Indiana Dunes State Park in Indiana, so we'll be making a stop in the morning.

I hope to post some new pictures soon - going to end this post and work on that next.

1 comment:

  1. You DIDN"T make it to CEDAR POINT??? My first roller coaster, the Blue Streak. But Henry might be a wee bit shy of getting on. :-) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete