Friday, June 26, 2009

Henry's Take

We're in South Dakota. Yesterday, we visited Wall Drug where I bought two key chains and Ruth got a bag of gems. I really liked this place because I loved the homemade donuts. Today, we drove through the Badlands where Ruth and I got our Jr. Park Ranger badges because we learned about how Indians lived in the area from Ranger Rick. We then drove down a dirt road and saw Buffalo, Prairie Dogs and Pronged-Horn Antelope. It was amazing.

Then we drove to Rapid City for lunch followed by a drive through Bear Country USA where we saw bears, donkeys, buffalo, reindeer, elk, timberwolves, big horn sheep, and dahl sheep. We also saw coyotes, skunks, porcupines, racoons, and beavers. Every car had to stop because the bears blocked the road and we had to make a run for it just to get by. One of the bears touched the back of the RV. We then found a campsite to stay at where we all went swimming and I hit my head on the bottom of the pool when dad was tossing me in the air. It was a blast. Mom says we might see dinosaur fossils tomorrow. I hope so cause I love animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment